jeffv via plug on 27 Sep 2022 09:26:03 -0700

[PLUG] ssh brute force, fix AMD cpu

5 Best Practices to Prevent SSH Brute-Force Login Attacks in Linux

https://www.tecmint.com/prevent-ssh-brute-force-login-attacks/

20-year-old Linux workaround is still slowing down AMD systems
A little fix for CPUs that didn't properly sleep had decades-long consequences. [AMD]

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/09/20-year-old-linux-workaround-is-still-slowing-down-amd-systems/

Removing an obsolete AMD fix makes Linux kernel 6 quicker

https://www.theregister.com/2022/09/27/obsolete_amd_acpi_fix/

An ancient fix for power management issues on AMD systems has been reducing Linux's performance since 2002. Now it's gone.

21 Tar Command Examples in Linux

https://www.tecmint.com/18-tar-command-examples-in-linux/

DART goes silent after hitting an asteroid [Update]

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/09/dart-goes-silent-after-hitting-an-asteroid/

Finally, all those years playing video games pays off! Laugh at your family and friends who said you'd never amount to anything, playing Asteroids all day.

I have 2 or 3 Dell CRT monitors. Relatively large. From back when pictures were square and monitors caused hernias. I can't even throw them out, due to trash regulations. Contact off-list.