Walt Mankowski via plug on 11 Oct 2022 15:39:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] kernel updates, courses, disk i/o monitor

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 12:15:48PM -0400, jeffv via plug wrote:
> More than 4 in 10 PCs still can't upgrade to Windows 11
>

> https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/10/windows_11_adoption/
> [gee, whatever will they upgrade to??]

I don't understand what the word "still" is doing in that
headline. Those PCs can't upgrade because their hardware isn't
supported.  "Still" suggests that Microsoft is working on a fix so
that eventually they will support Win11. Nothing in this article
suggests anything like that is in the works, and as far as I know MS
hasn't relaxed the requirements since Win11 first became available.

There's a kernel of news here, in that Win11 isn't going to achieve
widespread adoption until a lot of legacy systems get upgraded, a
process that will take years. But you'd never know it from that
clickbait headline.

Walt