Casey Bralla via plug on 17 Dec 2022 05:15:55 -0800

[PLUG] Dell E6540 Wireless. Doh!

Doh!  I was tearing my hair out (what little I have left) because my old
but trusty Dell E6540 laptop suddenly stopped using the internal
wireless card.  Naturally, I blamed Gentoo which I love, but which often
throws me for a loop when I upgrade.

Turned out to be the tiny little hardware switch on the side of the
laptop got bumped and turned off the internal card.  I'm not an
electrical engineer, but I now realize that recompiling the kernel will
NOT flip the mechanical switch on the side of a laptop!

Enjoy my pain!