LeRoy Cressy via plug on 27 Dec 2022 10:44:30 -0800

[PLUG] Possible Break in on Arch Linux Systems:

I do a daily backup which checks for any changes in /etc and other
directories that should not change unless you have done a backup.  On
Christmas Day someone or something changed the following files:

/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/pubring.gpg
/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/pubring.gpg~
/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/pubring.gpg.tmp
/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/trustdb.gpg

I rebuilt my repositories with pacman -Syy
I reinstalled archlinux-keyring

I am familiar with the shenanigans  of cups changing their /etc files
daily, but this is a first for me.

I'm posting this as a warning of a possible break-in on Arch Linux
systems.

--
  Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
  mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com

   /\_/\
  ( o.o )
   > ^ <

Cell Phone: 267-668-9686

GnuPG Fingerprint:
D234 65D6 2822 211B F82F  A6CA B332 4CC8 ACBF D200

You can find me on the following:

Telegram:
     (My Main Channel)
	https://t.me/RevLeRoy