Jonathan Simpson via plug on 10 Mar 2023 04:44:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Potential topic for PLUG North on Tuesday

Count me in!

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 7:41 PM Walt Mankowski via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
Hi all,

I was accepted as a speaker for this year's Central PA Open Source
Conference (CPOSC) [1], which will be held in Lancaster on Saturday,
April 1. That's just 3 weeks from Saturday, so if you're interested in
going this is a good time to get a ticket.

The talk that got accepted is "Remedial Math for Programmers". It's a
review of some basic mathematical concepts that are particularly
useful for programming, but which I think a lot of programmers either
never learned formally, or have forgotten all about -- things like
logarithms, modulus arithmetic, and trigonometry.

Now, I've already given this talk in Philly twice before -- once at
FOSSCON in 2019, and at PLUG North in February 2020. (That was the
last North meeting before lockdown.) But that was over 3 years ago,
and I also need to cut it down to a 30 minute time slot. [2]

I'd like to have a chance to practice it before CPOSC. Our next PLUG
North meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 14, and we're still
looking for a speaker. Would anyone be interested in seeing me present
it again Tuesday night?

Walt

1. https://cposc.org/
2. Will says I also need to work in a reference to Kalman filters.