Walt Mankowski via plug on 21 Mar 2023 16:02:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] new laptop / MicroCenter

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 12:21:10PM -0700, Syeed Ali via plug wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Mar 2023 11:56:19 -0400
> Adam Schaible via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Evolve III Maestro
>
> $50 a piece; wow.
>
> If it's USB 3 bootable, it would definitely be worth it.
>
> From the pictures I've seen the keyboard layout looks good too.  A bad
> keyboard is a showstopper for me at any price.

The Evolve III Maestro has been a popular netbook for some PLUG
members for a while now. Jonathan Simpson even did a presentation on
them at a PLUG meeting last July! He put some notes online, which we
have linked from the website [1].

I'd add to Adam's advice that another good thing to check out is the
piles of stuff they have at the ends of their aisles. You can often
find amazing deals there. (That's where the Evolves were.)

Walt

1. http://www.phillylinux.org/talks.html