Will via plug on 11 Jul 2024 07:45:09 -0700

[PLUG] Ever wanted to work for nVidia

Hey everyone!

A good friend of mine is hiring for a contract role with nVidia and they're looking for someone with talent. Pay is over $60/hr (recruiter has details). The project that I know about seems REALLY cool and this is a contract to hire fully remote working only 4 days a week.

Top Skills' Details

Linux Administration (5+ years or experience administering open system servers in a production environment)
Ansible
DNS
Bare Metal Server Installs
Hardware Troubleshooting
Software/Service Troubleshooting
AWS experience preferred but not required (compute management)
Minimum years of experience willing to consider: 5+ years of experience

Job Description

Looking for highly motivated System Administrator/DevOps Engineers to design, develop and implement a global dynamic, innovative Service Reliability Operations Center (known as Mission Control), to provide extraordinary levels of support for our Cloud products and services. AS a key member or the Mission Control team, you will partner with other key members of our organization including Site Reliability Engineering, Security Operations Center, DevOps teams, and other partners to help make our services capable of providing near 100% availability.

Additional Skills & Qualifications

Experience using monitoring tools and problem ticketing systems
Shell scripting, automation, DHCP, storage concepts, basic networking, IP tables, etc.
RHCE or equivalent of knowledge
Experience scripting in python
Basic understanding of Git

Why am I sharing this with PLUG?

I know some people may want a change around here and I'll get more details on some of the pay transparency. As someone that switch careers due to this and my original LUG that has helped me get here, I would love to help extend this opportunity to someone else so they maybe nearly as fortunate. I am also highlighting this position that if you're worried right now about cloud, AI, and whatever as a sys admin... your skills are more needed now than ever. So please let me know directly if you're interested and I will connect you with my recruiter friend (who will not post here out of respect for the group). Plus, nVidia is kind of a big name right now.

-Will C