Rich Mingin (PLUG) via plug on 21 Jul 2024 10:28:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] System won't boot after failed upgrade from Ubuntu 23.10 to 24.04

Yes. How much depends on the RAID type. The best corner case is a RAID1 on Linux with one HDD and one SSD. This will always write at HDD speeds, since a write has to be confirmed to both/all targets before it is complete, but a read can be covered by the first valid mirror to respond.

In other RAID profiles, it’s all downsides. It’s really not something you want to do.