James Ralston on Thu, 17 Apr 2003 01:38:05 -0400

[tcptra-dev] patch: integrated autoconf / libnet support

Ok, here's the revised version of my patch (based on Jon Boone's
patch).  To summarize:

    1.  tcptraceroute now works with both libnet 1.0 and 1.1.

    2.  tcptraceroute now uses autoconf, automake, et. al. for
        building.

    3.  Missing GNU-standard files were added, and existing files were
        cleaned up (e.g., the contents of "changelog" reformatted into
        a standard "ChangeLog" file).

Apply the patch, then run:

    $ aclocal
    $ autoheader
    $ autoconf
    $ automake --add-missing

(You will need autoconf version 2.52 or greater.)

A standard "./configure; make; make install" should then work.

I've tested this patch on Red Hat Linux 9, using both libnet 1.0.2a
and 1.1.0.  If it works (or doesn't work) for other versions of libnet
and/or other operating systems, please post to the list.

Regards,

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute