Michael C. Toren on Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:21:06 -0400

Re: [tcptra-dev] tcptraceroute-1.5beta1

> I borrowed a RedHat 7.1 system, finally got it working adequately, so
> I have some output to offer you.  I regret I may be giving you stuff
> that we've already discussed as not productive toward analysis.  I'm
> finding there is no difference between the output of tcptraceroute 1.4-1
> on RedHat and 1.5-beta2.  Here it is:

Cool, thank you very much for the feedback.

Combined with reports I've gotten that tcptraceroute-1.4 works fine on a
number of RedHat system, the report from you that tcptraceroute-1.5beta2
works fine on your RedHat system at work, and the failure of traditional
traceroute to function properly on your OSX system at home, I think it's
safe to say that no traceroute utility can function properly at the moment
from your home network, possibly due to your Linksys device, but perhaps
not.

> I haven't tried power-cycling the router as of yet.

If you have a chance to reboot it, or if you can remove it from your
network entirely for a few minutes, I would be very interested in the
results to determine weather or not tcptraceroute now works out of the
box on OSX.

> If there's anything you'd like me to try from RedHat please let me know
> sooner than later.

Sorry for not responding earlier in the week.  I can't think of any
additional tests to perform on the RedHat system from your home network,
so please feel free to return it.

Thanks!
-mct