hrdluk on Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:57:47 -0500 (EST)

Re:E.S. Raymond

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Roger Scudder wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Paul Krause wrote:
>
> > I would certainly like to see ESR speak.
>
> Yes, I would like to hear him too.  Since he lives nearby, I
> would think there is a good chance of that happening.  I'm new
> here so I'm in the dark on such matters...  does anyone know if
> he has spoken at a PLUG meeting in the past or if there are
> plans to have him in the near future?
>

> Roger
> rscudder@usa.net

Eric Raymond spoke at the ud-lug (university of delaware/upper delaware)
meeting in late September of this year.  Quite a good speaker, and an
interesting person to talk to (like you couldn't guess that).  In asking
for his appearence, I would mention something of a free meal and drinks or
words to that effect as......ummmmm......encouragement.

--hrdluk