Jason Costomiris on Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:42:32 -0500 (EST)

Re: Fetchmail problems..

On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 11:17:57AM -0500, Kurt Starsinic wrote:
: > Where did I err?  BTW - the POP server on the other end is a MetaInfo
: > POP3 server (from their Sendmail for NT package).  Eudora for Windoze
: > NT is able to pick up from it, but I don't want to use NT. :-)
:
:     Sure smells like a server-specific problem to me.  Those two little
: letters (`NT') make me suspicious.  Eudora probably works around a
: server bug.

Yes, NT blows big furious chunks.  However, the Metainfo pop server has
always been pretty solid...

:     With POP?  Are you thinking of IMAP?

Nope.  DELE is a valid POP command.  Most POP mailers do this:

user foo
pass bar
uidl (optionally TOP commands as well..)
retr 1
dele 1
retr 2
..