Alexander Shinn on Thu, 15 Apr 1999 23:53:57 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Stdio.h & Stdlib.h

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 09:33:37PM -0400, Roger C. Scudder Jr. wrote:
> Alexander Shinn wrote:
>
> One other thing: is it actually asking for "Stdio.h" and "Stdlib.h",
> capitalized like that?  These files are all lowercase, so if it's asking
> for them like this it's probably a program written (in very bad style)
> on a windows platform where filenames are case insensitive.
>
> The C language is case sensitive.  That's universal ... which includes
> non *NIX implementations.  ;-)

The language is case-sensitive, the file-system is not.  So on a case
insensitive filesystem, the preprocessor won't complain or even know the
difference if you ask for "Stdlib.h" instead of "stdlib.h".  A friend
once sent me some code written in VC++ and it was a real mess fixing the
filename cases.

--
f00f