Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:52:02 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Potential new meeting place

Before you read any further, keep in mind that I am a single voice, and
this is said with that in mind.

I'm not a big fan of moving the meeting out of Center City.  Center City
is just that, central.  One thing to keep in mind is that there are
different suburbs.  For example, my suburbs (I live in Glenolden) isn't
that accessible to Conshohoken.  Nor would I expect it to be that
accessible to New Jersey.  The highway traffic around Conshohocken is no
picnic, even around 7pm.

As one of those that take public transportation, I would find Spring Mill
very inconvenient.  Yes, there's a train station.  Tell me, though, is it
like Suburban Station or 30th Street Station?  Or is it more of a covered
platform.  Would people feel comfortable waiting for the train for up to
an hour after 10 pm?

While the space offered by Avi sounds fantastic (although I'm not sure
how I feel about the idea of auditorium style seating), we shouldn't shoot
ourselves in the foot over it.  The space doesn't matter if people have a
hard time getting to it.  If for one don't think that I would be able to
make it that often.  It's just too inconvenient of a location.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP          | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)