Michael Whitman on Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:00:13 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] compiling module into apache

I am trying to compile the mod_auth_mysql module into my httpd server.

First I compile the module itself (I think that is wat I am doing) using
the commands './configure' and 'make'.

After it compiles I get instructions to set some flags in the apche
configuration file before recompiling the server. One of thos flags is
called the EXTRA_LFLAGS.  Now there is no such flag in the configure file,
but there is a EXTRA_LDFLAGS.  Is this the same thing, or maybe the module
writer made a typo in the installer?

I am also instructed after 'making' the module to put this line in the
bottom of the configuration file.

'Module auth_mysql_module mod_auth_mysql.o'

Now ther is no 'auth_mysql_module' OR 'mod_auth_mysql.o' anywhere on the
machine.
Shouldn't the *.o file be present after I have compiled the module?

Any ideas?

Michael P. Whitman
Online Services Developer
American Lawyer Media