LeRoy D. Cressy on Thu, 9 Sep 1999 12:42:17 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Upgrading through the internet

Instead of using the Windows program you would connect with pppd and
chat.  By creating a Chatscript which would call pppd to connect to your
isp.  Please read the man pages for chat, pppd, and diald.  Also check
out the PPP-HOWTO which would either be in /usr/doc/HOWTO/ or
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/

Using a Linux box for your web access makes a lot more sense to me than
making do with a windows box which is really designed for only single
user use.

--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037