Mental on Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:23:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: [Plug] XFree locks up local console

Hm, this reminds me of a "fix" for java & netscape a while back. Try
installing _all_ of the X font packages. It sounds like maybe X is
trying to access a font thats missing and not coping very well. That
fixed the java related crashes I was experiencing also.

Mental