Darxus on Thu, 6 Jan 2000 01:33:10 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] meeting agenda

I just added a very rough agenda to the meetings page:

 Food (beginning around 7pm)
 Q&A
 Presentation (ending around 9pm)
 Subscribing people to the PLUG and PLUG-Announce lists.
 Unofficial discussion, potentially till 11:30pm

The significant part is "Subscribing people to the PLUG and PLUG-Announce
lists" -- at about 9,.. ugh, what's his name... laefsky@netaxs.com, the
suse guy... 1st name is about 3 letters, starting with a vowel.  Argh.  So
I'm real bad with names.

Anyway, he expressed interest in being on the PLUG-Announce (very low
traffic, moderated) mailing list.  So I pulled up the PLUG-Announce admin
page, punched in his address, and hit submit.

At the end of every meeting, I'd like to incourage everyone who is not on
either of the PLUG lists, to come up to the front of the room, and I'll
subscribe you to whichever of the two lists you prefer (the PLUG list
recieves everything the PLUG-Announce list gets).  Obviously, since you're
all on the PLUG list, this isn't going to affect you much, but I basically
wanted to tell Chris, since he tends to be the one who officially
unleashes chaos around 9pm, to make this announcement at that point.

Yeah, I'm sure that could have been said in half as many words.
                      "There is no spoon."