Michelle Weber on Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:27:47 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] check for existing user

That was my first thought, but then grep returns the lines which that
appears, and what if it is in another field besides the first field? (Like
name or something) - (ok i answered my own question, use a regexp, but im
trying to make this really simple! and I kinda forget how to do regexps
anyway...)
I was thinking of just using the command id, but for either grep or id,
how do I make a variable equal to true or false depending on what grep or
another command returns? (in bash)

--
Michelle Weber
umweber@mcs.drexel.edu