Vale Kenny on Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:22:45 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Linux boots from floopy

during fdisk, did you mark your boot bartition as bootable?
what RAID controller are you using?
Does it have a bios?
I just went through this with a Cpq Smart-2 Aray controller, and finally
gave up, because I needed to get the system up and running.  The issue
for me (I think) is the array controller has it's bios turned off, via a
software setting, and I could not get the config CD to boot, cause of
anumber or reasons. all of which are not pertinent to this situation.
So, my suggestions are.
1) check the array bios to be sure it's bootable
2) check the boot partition on the boot drive and be sure it is marked
with a boot flag (use fdisk for this)
Peace,
Vale