Michael W. Ryan on Sat, 8 Apr 2000 19:51:13 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Some Comments on w3m

For starters:  wow.

To answer some of the questions that I and others asked at the meeting:

1) Yes, it does support the mouse (compile time option).  Clicking moves
the cursor to the location clicked.  Double-clicking a URL goes to that
URL.

2) Lynx bindings are a compile-time option.

Some other comments:

Since I'm still running Red Hat 5.2, I couldn't use the current crop of
RPMs out there, so I just went and downloaded the source (I'm puzzled that
the USA mirror was a .de address).  Compiling was a BREEZE.  You run
configure, and it asks you a bunch of questions.  Such as, where you want
various things installed, what options to include (color, cookies, mouse
support, etc.).  It then does the usual configure job of figuring out
which libraries to use.  BTW, I was presented with a choice of using
termcap, curses or ncurses for my terminal library.  Then it's just a
matter of make and make install.

Excellent work.  Definitely a good replacement for Lynx.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)