Barry Spindler on Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:15:26 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Web Min

I use it every once in awhile. It's pretty nice and rather easy to use.
Can be setup for just about any distribution, and has extra features dependent
on the distro (like on Debian it has a deb package manager).
As far as I can tell it's rather secure, except passwords are sent in
plaintext. Theres an option in it's config file for ssl, but I havn't been
able to get it to work right..

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 09:50:08PM -0400, Tom Joyce wrote:
> I saw this software called WebMin http://www.webmin.com it allows
> configurations of UNIX based systems via a web browser.
>
> Has anyone used it? Any opinions especially security wise?

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
		-- Henry Kissinger