brian on Sun, 7 May 2000 10:01:15 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] pilot-link

Could some one help me get my palmpilot hotsync working?

I have a Palm Vx, the O'Reilly Ultimate Guide with cd, and am running
RedHat 6.0 (though my next task is to upgrade to 6.2).

I have not been able to read anything on the O'Reilly disk.  when I mount
the disk and run ls I get a list of the files, but ls -l tells me no file
or directory instead of details after each name.

so I downloaded gnome-pilot-0.1.51 from
www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot/download,
gunzipped, etc., and ran configure, and was told that I have to specify
host type.  what is my host type?

I would be very grateful for help with this, and directions to where I
might find answers to similar problems I might come up against.

thanks

brian

Brian Spooner
University of Pennsylvania Museum