Flint Heart on Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:26:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] cygwin (win32/free) X servers / Debian GNU/Win32 ?

I like did the install quite easily of the cygnus X server.
but neither the cygnus servers. directx or the other one work
well.  limited to 256 colors.  didn't take very kindly to connecting to my
debian box either.  if your running it localy it might be ok (and if your
using 256 colors.  but it needs allot of work.  I'd like a free X server
for Win but i'd rather just run it when i can.  Just some observations by
me.  I'm not sure if you gave the sever a good try or not.

N-Tropy