Jason Costomiris on Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:42:46 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] [Slightly OT] Local network guys?

I'm only asking here, since network clues seem to gravitate toward those
of us who are more Linux inclined...

One of my friends needs someone to work on the machines at his business.
It's a small business, I believe 8-10 computers, no server, all peer-peer,
primarily for printer sharing.

They need:

1) Windoze 98 installed on a few machines
2) NICs installed && configured
3) To get wired up connected to a hub that still needs to be purchased
4) Have a small RFC1918-space subnet configured

I see as a "not far down the road" item a file/print server, which would
be fine as a Linux box, with the usual compliment of samba, et al...

Please contact me via email, or directly at my office - 856.547.7844 x231
and we'll talk...  I'd do this myself, but there are only 24 hours in the
day, and I've currently got about 23.5 allocated.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.