Jason Staloff on Sat, 29 Jul 2000 12:01:01 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] sendmail genericstable

Hello all,

I'm trying to do virtual mail hosting with sendmail.

I have incoming mail being handled correctly through /etc/mail/virtusertable, and I'm working to get the outgoing mail to appear from the correct user@domain.

According to sendmail.org, I want to use the genericstable feature. I added to my sendmail.mc as recommended:

FEATURE(`genericstable',`hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domains')

created /etc/mail/genericstable
  localuser   user@domain.net

created /etc/mail/generics-domains
  domain.net

I rebuilt my sendmail.cf with m4 and restarted sendmail, but the outgoing mail is not from the correcct user@domain. I see that /etc/mail/genericstable.db is not getting built when I restart sendmail, though /etc/mail/virtusertable.db is getting remade each time. Sendmail starts with no errors.

The sendmail documentation assumes I'm using dbm type database, but I don't think I have that on my system. Hash seems to be working just fine for virtusertable so I don't think that's the problem...

What am I missing??

Thanks in advance!

Jason