Tracy Nelson on Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:29:16 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Partitions

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Barnett <andrew@dataclarity.com>
Subject: [PLUG] Partitions

|I was wondering if anyone else out there has played with multiple
|filesystems on different partitions. What were the attractive features
|of the particular filesystems you chose, and what part of the
|filesystem as a whole did you use it on (/home, /tmp, /var, etc.)?

I was playing with developing my own filesystem, and (obviously) the most
attractive feature was the ability to totally scrozzle the file system and
still have a working system.  I also like to keep /tmp in its own
filesystem, since it won't screw up / if you run out of space while
compiling a large program.