Todd Lyons on Sun, 22 Oct 2000 09:57:41 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Re: What's gone wrong w/ my CD drives?

Greg Lopp wrote:

> I have two machines, one dual-boots with Windows, the other is all
> linux.  Sometime between now and my move a month or so back, I lost the
> ability to read CDs from linux.  I can read them w/o any trouble from
> Windows, I can write CDs - I just can't read/mount them.  There have
> been no changes to the kernels.

Distro?
Version?
Kernel Version?
Using automount or manually mounting?
Post your /etc/fstab
Using it from the command line or gui?
Post exact error messages

Much more info needed, everything else you hear is just a guess unless
someone has worked on YOUR machine before.

Blue skies...		Todd
--
Most traditional Pee-Cee user groups, I've noticed, function mainly as
commiseration societies for people who've bought lousy hardware, are