Michael Leone on Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:27:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DOH!

----- Original Message -----
From: "beldon" <beldon@speakeasy.org>
To: "Plug List" <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 8:04 AM
Subject: [PLUG] DOH!

> While attempting to back up my home directory, I reversed a few switches
and
> started over-writing my home directory. I stopped it before it deleted

Ouch. I know the feeling - witness my self-mutilation via xcdroast last
week.

> everything (at least my pr0n is safe), but my GnuPG private key got
erased.

Hey, as long as you've got the appropriate nekkid pics of your favorite
celebrities, everything else is just details, right?

> Fortunately, I had the foresight to back up my revocation certificate, and
> now I need to use it.

Hmmm. Ya know, you reminded me ... I had backed up my private/public keys,
but NOT my revocation certificate (I don't think).

<SIGH>

Looks like I'll have to make another cert myself.

> Any pointers?  How do I revoke on the public key servers?

Let us know what you find out, in case others (read: me) need to do the
same.

> This is embarrasing.
>
> (Beldon places paper bag on head).

The Unknown DB2 Administrator. You gonna start telling bad jokes on the Gong
Show now? <G>

-
Michael Leone, BRACE
(BRACE - Beer Racontueur and Applied Consumption Engineer)
Email: turgon@mike-leone.com (personal)
PGP Fingerprint:   0A A8 DC 47 CB 63 AE 3F  C7 39 6B F9 9A B4 1E F6  5A A5
BC DF