Mental on Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:36:18 -0400

Re: [PLUG] JRE suggestions?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 12:26:59PM -0400, Bill Jonas wrote:
> So the other day I wanted to play some Java games in Konqueror.  I'd heard
> of Blackdown before (used it to run Oracle's OUI), so I downloaded it and
> installed it.  Then I realized that I didn't see source on their web site
> or their ftp site.  I went looking around, on Freshmeat and such, and the
> only other JRE I found was IBM's (and I don't think you can get the source
> to that one, either).

The jre is the runtime environemnt. The jdk is the developers kit. Get the
java2 jdk from sun's site. There is no source. Deal with it. Or dont use
it. Java is hot enough right now that I feel its worth learning just for
the income potential. I refuse to get into a religious debate about the
lack of source. If you want to hack on java, contact sun. If they need
help, they'll hire you.

--
Mental