MaD dUCK on Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:32:07 -0400

[PLUG] Re: using Xfig with LaTeX

thank you all for your responses. considering that every single email
i received suggested to export .eps from Xfig and then to use \epsfig,
i must have not made myself clear enough...

(a) i need a batch method to convert. but anyway, fig2dev is what's
used by Xfig anyway, which is what i have been doing from my Makefile

(b) epsfig screwed the pictures so that mpage would corrupt the .ps
file as soon as i'd try to mpage -2 it.

anyway, i solved the problem myself - it is the extraneous .ps
comments in the file, which i got rid by running dvips -K instead. now
it works. and now, mysteriously, latex2html works too.

> If you want to publish on the web, I would see if you could use a .pdf
> file instead. I think there is software to turn TeX to pdf, not sure
> about LaTex.  I think there is commercial software to turn .ps to pdf.
> I had problems with latex2html on complex documents.

of course there is:

latex file && dvips -o - file | ps2pdf - file.pdf

> also sprach root (on Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:08:44AM -0700):

and whoever posted this from csubak.edu, i would strongly suggest
*not* reading your email as root!

no micro$oft components were used
in the creation or posting of this email.
therefore, it is 100% virus free
and does not use html by default (yuck!).