Michael Leone on Thu, 3 May 2001 14:35:36 -0400

[PLUG] KDE Country code solved

Hey all

As some might remember, I mentioned at last night's meeting that I couldn't seem to change the country code on my KDE 2.1 from Canadian to US. Someone kindly pointed me at the "kdeglobals" file, as the one holding this setting. Turns out, goodness knows how, that this file was set as "root" ownership (owner and group). So - naturally - changing the setting wouldn't take, since I didn't have access to that file as my normal user. (Funny how KDE didn't inform me that it had actually failed to update this setting file. Oh, well .... )

So, doing a "chown" and "chgrp" back to my normal user allowed me to specify the locale properly, and now it's activating (and keeping) that setting.

Thanks for all the help.