Darxus on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:00:12 -0400

Re: presentation rearrangement (Re: [PLUG] more meetings ?)

On 07/18, Bernard Falor wrote:
> After reading the other post, it makes more sense to me to
> hear about KDE 2.2 in Sept and do my talk in Oct, since the
> info I have is less affected by time.  What do you think?

We're trying to achieve 2 goals:
* have an extra meeting at Netaxs in september
* have a KDE presentation soon, at USP, the 1st wednesday of the month

I think we want to keep the 1st wednesday of the month at Netaxs.

I think having the KDE presentation in August is too soon.

Wes Powers has been scheduled to do a presentation on 9/5 for... a bunch of
months.  I asked him, and he said he'd prefer not to change his scheduling.

The next month is October.  Bernie, if you're willing to do your
presentation at the 2nd september meeting, we can fit Ian's KDE
presentation in October.

The presentation schedule I'm proposing is this:

8/1/2001
PHP Scripting
by Bill Patterson
at USP

9/5/2001
XML Document Markup Language
by Wes Powers
at USP

9/11/2001
PostgreSQL vs. MySQL (free Database software)
by Bernie Falor, RDA Consultants
at Netaxs

10/3/2001
KDE
by Ian Reinhart Geiser
at USP

Pretty sure I got all the info right this time....

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com