Jeff Abrahamson on Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:30:08 +0200

[PLUG] gnucash 1.6 and potato

I'm running debian potato, which thinks guncash 1.3.* is the most
current.

I'd really like to grab gnucash 1.6.2, but, as you may have heard, the
list of dependencies is enormous.

In addition, it's not clear how to get apt to upgrade me on gnucash
without breaking all manner of things. (In other words, I don't want
to move to woody/testing for everything.)

Is there a clean way to do this?

Incidentally, I understand woody is nearing being declared stable. How
does this work? Does an apt-get update / upgrade / dist-upgrade
suddenly pull lots of packages some day?

--
 Jeff