Kyle R . Burton on Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:40:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SSH question

> If I do a "putty-shh MJL@hostname" and not "putty -ssh MJL@session-name",
> it takes me right in. No asking for my passphrase, even tho I've copied the
> public key to authorized_keys.
>
> <SIGH>

You mean: "putty -shh MJL@hostname" and not "putty-shh MJL@hostname" right?
(just checking)

If you're running pagent and already have your passphrase added to pagent,
then it should take you right in - as putty will get the private key from
pagent.

Under the putty dialog, under the SSH node under the Connection branch,
there is a text entry box and a browse button for the particular private
key file to use for authentication - you can set this to point to your private
key, and then save it as part of the session.  When I do this, and then
click on 'load' for that session, and then click on connect, it prompts
me for the passphrase - unless I've got the key loaded into pagent.

  http://www.tartarus.org/~owen/putty-docs/Section6.2.html

Kyle

Enlightenment is like the reflection of the moon in water.
The moon does not get wet and the water is not separated.
        -- Hashida