Bill Jonas on Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:42:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Mail setup questions

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 11:29:01AM -0400, epike@isinet.com wrote:
> I think fetchmail needs an MTA (like sendmail) though.  I tried
> shutting down sendmail and fetchmail didnt work no more.

It can hand off the mail directly to a local delivery agent (like
procmail) if you configure it to do so.  I don't know how to do it, but
I've seen it mentioned before.  It shouldn't be hard to find.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin
If encryption is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir rapelcgvba.