eric@lucii.org on Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:40:29 +0100

[PLUG] problem accessing techrepublic.com

Hey, I've got a weird problem - my Mandrake 8.1 workstation cannot
contact http://www.techrepublic.com.  Either Konqueror or Mozilla.
I get a error message: "Timeout on server - Timed out while waiting
to connect to www.techrepublic.com"

It's particulary strange since it gets to slashdot or rootprompt
without complaint.  Even stranger is that the Windows NT box on the
same network (same switch, different IP) gets to techrepublic just
fine.

Anybody have any ideas what might cause this?

Eric
--
#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth