Charles Stack on Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:20:20 +0100

RE: [PLUG] The spirit also took Scrooge

Problem is, if they are connected to their dialup account, then they SHOULD
know that they are spreading the virus.  What are the terms of service on
netaxes dialup accounts?  Do you allow unattended, non-interactive sessions
for dialup users?  My former ISP did not.

And, yes, this message did contain a virus...magister32...a very nasty worm.
The only good thing about it was that I was able to collect this specimen
for a talk one of our guys is doing at our annual company conference.  He's
going to demonstrate the effects of viruses in a contained environment.

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of
pinkee@cavegirl.org
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 2:23 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] The spirit also took Scrooge

On 11/08, leroy wrote:
> yeah, this is the second one we've gotten from this person today.  i
> tried
> and tried to get this thing running on a qnx box, to no avail.  does
> anyone know this person at netaxs?
>
> stephen
>
> -- my name is not leroy

hi stephen,

I work at netax, and this person does not. Our dial up users get
***@netaxs.com accounts. This has been handled to the best of my
knowledge, but I will send something to our internal support team. I
seriosly doubt this was malicious. It looks like a worm/virus. So carry
on now :)

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org