Mike Leone on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:45:19 -0500

Re: [PLUG] XFS w/kernel 2.4.17?

> From: "gabriel rosenkoetter" <gr@eclipsed.net>

>I asked if you'd tried applying the patches to your sources, not if
>you'd successfully built (much less booted) the kernel.

>Even *building* the kernel had better not cause a kernel panic...

Building caused no panic, no. Booting did, but only with the wrong initrd.
I didn't want to apply the patches, because I didn't know how well they'd work out. But then I got brave.

Or stupid. :-)

Once I made the correct initrd, it all booted like a champ.