Kevin Brosius on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:26:29 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

Paul wrote:

> "I've been moderately happy with directv dsl.
> $50/mo and no services/remote access limitations I can't live with in
> the TOS."
>
> I had DirectTV DSL when they were Telocity DSL.  They encouraged having
> servers and multiple PC's connected.  In my case, the line went down just
> about every night.  However, if they've resolved those problems, they would
> be worth reconsidering, considering the greed and games of the other
> providers.

I've had amazing uptime.  They seem to have a little DNS trouble now and
again, but only longer than 1-2 hours one time I can remember.  I can't
say what factors control good vs. bad experience with them.
dslreports.com has a wide range of ratings for them, from horrible to
very good.

I'm wired through a local verizon office, and not very far from it, so I
get 650-700k down.  The local telco probably has a large impact on how
your experience goes.

--
Kevin Brosius