Doug Crompton on Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:30:09 +0100

Re: [PLUG] DNS question

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:05:52AM -0500, Doug Crompton wrote:
> > On another note - what does one have to do to be an MX server for another
> > site? I suspect just accept that sites mail (CW <domain> or in my case FW
> > <externalhostnames>) in sendmail?
>
> Yup, that's about it.  If you want to just deliver mail addressed to
> "username@otherdomain.com" to "username" locally, nothing further's
> required.  If you want to direct it to, say, "otheruser" locally, use
> the virtusertable feature.
>
> Actually, if you're not the primary MX server, you don't even have to
> worry about that.  Just accept mail for the domain.
>
> --
> Bill Jonas    *    bill@billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/
>
> Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html

Just to make sure we are on the same page...

I actually want someone else to be my secondary MX for my domains.
How/what do I tell them, so their sendmail accepts it. Assuming they are
running a secure sendmail.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *