gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:49:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Upgrading the Libranet

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 11:49:15AM -0500, Mental wrote:
> Wouldn't it be funny if everything was fine, but there was no default
> window manager set? X would start up, then promptly exit.....

No it wouldn't. It would start up and display a desktop and an X
mouse cursor and do nothing else since there were no clients
running. You could switch to a text terminal, set display properly,
xhost +localhost, and start up an xterm (or anything else), of
course.

That's exactly the test that several people asked Mike to try, he
did, X still didn't work. I still say console device permissions.

(Folks, read the whole thread before you reply...)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net