epike on Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:50:16 +0200

Re: [PLUG] problems uploading through browser/ftping

It appears to be sending your local ip....check out
the line that says "227 Entering Passive Mode"..
its sending out 192.168.0.102 and that is not reachable
from the outside.

The ssh book I happened to read discusses some of this,
supposedly there are ftp-aware router/gateway hardware
that listen to this pattern and replace the text
with the outside address....OR the wu-ftpd
config has some configuration to specify an ip
address to send (I dont know how to configure wu-ftpd
but it should be possible).

-------------------------
ftp 66.149.101.186
Connected to 66.149.101.186.
220 mail.gokart4xmas.com FTP server (Version wu-2.6.2(1) Fri Feb 22 16:34:38 EST 2002) ready.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
Name (66.149.101.186:jondz): anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Password:
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,102,103,153)

receive aborted
waiting for remote to finish abort
ftp>

JondZ