Art Alexion on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:40:15 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Re: GUI Mail? In UNIX?!?

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

I haven't got a fancy-pants cell phone that talks PalmOS, just a
Qualcomm number, and I wouldn't dream of trying to read more than a
sentence or two on its shoddy display. But I'm sure we'll all start
to deal with different de facto standards as time goes past.
(Remember my caveat about my saying 80 cols was standard... plenty
of machines think 132 cols is standard. :^>)

It's not too bad . . . a screen about the size and resolution of a Palm VII. The cover/phone keypad flips down to reveal a screen the size of most of the phone, and the phone itself is about 5½ x 2½, but slim. If you away from your computer most of the day, you can't beat the access.