George Langford, Sc.D. on Wed, 1 May 2002 08:50:21 +0200

[PLUG] Re: Newbie's First Question -burned my first CD-R disk

G'Mornin' fellow PLUGgers !

Tried burning a CD-R/W disk with XCDRoast - after stumbling
through the Setup menu for the drive itself and then through
the burn menu, I hit the execute button and sat back in my
chair, only to be startled when the drive spit the disk back
at me after about fifteen seconds.  But it was already done !
And readable, not only on the Linux PC, but also on my soon-to-be
obsolete W95 PC.  Amazing.

Did get a warning: "Drive returns wrong start sec (0) using -150."
It went ahead anyway.  Should I be looking somewhere to edit so
that this doesn't lead to trouble down the road ?

One impressive thing about XCDRoast's menu is that the session
survived my stumbling around, going back & forth, hitting all
the rong buttons, and so forth - it wouldn't proceed until I
got all the ducks (penguins ?) in a row.

Your continuing patience & help (especially Fred's) is most
appreciated.

Best regards,
George
amenex@amenex.com