gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:00:53 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Shared Calendaring

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:05:28AM -0400, kaze wrote:
> What *NIX application is popular for shared calendaring? I need to be able
> to recommend something other than Microsoft Exchange 2000, not so much for
> email, but for being able to go in and look at each other's schedules, have
> software find a time when a bunch of people are free in order to schedule a
> meeting, stuff like that.

Bynari (http://www.bynari.com/) sells a drop-in replacement for
Exchange that runs on Linux, though it's closed source and commercial,
it may be what you really want. They also sell a plugin for Outlook
that makes it talk to their server, and give out free a client that
claims to talk to Exchange, though I've had a bit of trouble making
it do everything that Outlook can, especially the "Public Folders"
stuff (it's possible this is my fault, though, I didn't play with it
for very long).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net