Bill Jonas on Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:02:44 -0400

Re: [PLUG] xinetd v. inetd (was: starting a program at boot)

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:09:28PM -0400, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> This sucked for me b/c I was making an installer and I had to support both
> of them b/c most people use rh (or mandrake), and sun uses inetd.

You do know about /usr/sbin/update-inetd, right?  It's a standard
program (in netbase) that was created just for this purpose.

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin