pinkee on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:13:49 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Anyone want to come over with a Windows laptop for Verizon...

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 08:51:14AM -0400, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> That may be the case.  I know that for some strange reason that was not
> available in my area when I got DSL... I have learned that most things at
> Verizon are not done for technical reasons but are because of the
> braindamaged whims of what ever the techie on the phone decides.
>
> But that is another rant...

One big reason Verizon won't do things is so no one can complain about
how badly they did them. They want long distance in the Northeast
corridor more than they want pain in the ass DSL. PUC complaints are
too high for them to get permission for long distance right now. Expect
there available services to shrink until they get it.

> Why are you dropping DCA for Verizon?  Or is that a dialup line?
> I personally have Verizon but have been looking arround at other options,
> unfortunately the demand out in my area is pretty weak for anything more
> advanced than dialup.

I can't speak for Rebecca but DCA is more expensive. You do, however,
get what you pay for. I had Verizon, I am on DCA right now, and I
wouldn't go back to verizon unless it was the *only* broadband option. I
wouldn't use cable at all. my $.02

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org