paul on Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:17:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet

All we need from the phone is voice, and now, occasional connectivity
through a laptop for light Web browsing and ssh.

I wouldn't want to spend any more money on a plan with the provider for
this ability.  Buying a different phone or a data cable is an option if
the cost is low enough.

I've never used infrared to connect to anything, but it sounds like a
nice option.

The important queston, which is also what makes the topic relevant to
this list, is "Can I get Linux to use a cell phone for Internet
connectivity?"  The answer seems to be "yes" as long as my phone can
handle it.  Now, after getting an overview of the requirements, off I
go to work out the details.