Arthur S. Alexion on Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:57:51 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Through cell phone to Internet

On Monday 01 July 2002 09:49 am, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> I wooud like to recommend nextel, their phones are awesome, the bill
> byu the second, so you use a lot less time than you think you would
> and the internet service is a flat monthly fee, and doens not affect
> your voice minutes. Aprroxinately 4 hours and than 24 hour after we
> got the phones, nextel called *me* to see if i needed any assistance
> if the phone had activated properly, and didn't try to sell us
> anything.
>
> When my ex mived to ohio, it was painless they gave him an ohio
> number, left mine alone and we still use the family plan.
>
> They look more expensive but if you look at the true second billing,
> they are actually cheaper IME.

Nextel is very different, you either love them or hate them.  Pinky's
right about the looking more expensive, but actually being cheaper.
They now also offer free unlimited incoming calls.  And the
walkie-talkie feature is great for a mobile organization.